Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapple Sage &/or Heliotrope Sources

Posted by abq_bob USDA 8 / SS 11 (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 1:45

I live in Western Las Vegas and have been to Star Nursery several times since they say they'll eventually get some heliotrope. But so far, no go. I'm also looking for Pineapple sage (salvia elegans). Anyone know if any of the local nurseries regularly carry these items? I'd probably also consider picking up a small bougainvillea if they have them along with the other things I'm looking for... But I don't recall seeing any of those either. I'd imagine they grow here? No?

I could almost always find them at just about any nursery in Albuquerque. Since moving away from there, they seem to be quite rare...

I'm going to try Plant World tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapple Sage &/or Heliotrope Sources

I did find some rather ragged heliotrope at Plant World, but no Pineapple Sage (salvia elegans). They'd never heard of it - doh!

At least the woman at Star Nursery said that they'd had some earlier in the season, but didn't expect more. Although that's what she said about heliotrope too, so I'm not sure if that's just a line they use when they don't have/carry something to make you believe that you might have a chance of finding it there again in the future...

Yeah, you get to be a bit jaded when you're my age, hehe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here