Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
themayocynic

2009 Plans/Goals

themayocynic
14 years ago

Front Yard:

Due to a geothermal heater install, my front yard was about 80% decimated. Good news is that we've been talking about scrapping the part that was decimated for years and starting over. Bad news is, due to the drilling, the dirt that finally killed our weed infested front lawn also has to be moved...after we recover all of the gravel we installed last year. The task of cleaning up alone is quite daunting because I'm determined to save the gravel we bought. I almost gave up for this year (the geothermal install was done late last year), but the shame I am feeling at how bad our yard looks, what the neighbors must be cursing us with and this gorgeous weekend finally kicked me into gear.

My husband used his MacGuyver-like skills to build a large sieve out of 1/4" chicken wire and some scrap wood. This is making Operation Save The Gravel go smoothly and quickly. Still a lot to go, but it's easing my nerves and shame. So the new plan for the front yard in 2009 is to maintain what we have and prep the rest for starting with a clean slate next year.

Back Yard:

Veggie beds are prepped and I will be trying a few new things this year like okra and scarlet runner beans. Otherwise, the only new things are trying a new-to-me way of germinating seeds and researching how to propagate cuttings of bushes that we have.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?