Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did we move to Chicago? Windy again.....

Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 12:18

I know we didn't but it sure feels like it. Everytime we get the yard settled and ready for summer we get hit hard with gusting winds blowing everything all over. Even the local Las Vegas tv station mentioned these winds happening again!! I am amazed how the plants bounce back after been blown....the vegetable gardens are dsoing okay...but yesterday we had to move our "heavy" patio table/chairs inside because they were getting blown awfully close to the pool and we sure don't want to fish them out of it. Our pool vacuum cleaner has really getting worked overtime too. We've been in the pool once but the winds and then cooling temps have kept us out of it. Last year we had the high temps and no spring weather-this year I believe we will remember the winds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did we move to Chicago? Windy again.....

I am always fascinated by the way palm trees survive a hurricane. News channels like to show pictures of damage and among the scenes of devastation are palm trees standing there as if nothing much had happened. Occasionally one gets damaged or a new planting is uprooted.

Germane? I'm not sure. I seem to remember palm trees in Vegas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here