Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
attack of the tomato hornworms-yikes

Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 4, 06 at 0:02

Well we went outside to check the vegetable garden beds last night...we've got alot of tomato plants growing,etc...and much to my surprise about 3-4 plants were eaten alive by those ------ tomato hornworms. My husband had never seen one before (where has he been living, I wondered???)...anyway I proceeded to use clippers and cut these sweet little devils off of my plants. Must have cut in half at least 15 of them. Tonight there were only 4 or five. I still have tomato plants (LOL) and tomatoes. The hot tropic tomatoes I planted in the next raised bed with the silver reflective mulch had no worms on them (the silver mulch does work!!)...I had read to use it because it confuses the insects and birds too. Next year I will use it on all of the beds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here