Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loganlady

I got a sunroom built-love it!!

loganlady
17 years ago

My sunroom is finished being built. Now I will have some control over the weather here & love that idea. Working on fixing the room up and trying to figure out just what I want to grow out there. It's great watching the winds blowing outside and NOT inside the sunroom. What's kinda funny is watching my dogs run into the slider screen door just trying to get outside to play in the backyard...bouncing off of it time after time. They have a dog door but forget about using it in their excitement to get outside. LOL. Anyone else have one? Any suggestions?

Comments (4)

• unautre
    17 years ago

how high is the sunroom ceiling?

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The ceiling is 8'2" high. The sunroom is roughly 50ft by 8' by 8' with 3' solid bottom and 4' glass windows (with screens) on top of that. We have an 8' glass slider door at one end and the other wall has a glass door and the doggie door under the window next to that. We are putting in a portable air conditioner...and replacing the patio lights with ceiling fans w/lights.

• ljrmiller
    17 years ago

I have a cat who has learned to check for screens after crashing head-on into our screen trying to get a bird. He hit so hard that he staggered around for a few minutes AND bent the frame of the screen door. If the dogs haven't learned by now, they probably never will.

I daydream of a sunroom one day. Or rather a greenhouse/conservatory attached to the house.

Lisa

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Lisa

Just got back from a mini vacation to Seattle with a girlfriend...and of course, I brought the lovely hot & humid Nevada weather with me sooo Seattle had a heatwave while we were there-LOVELY, huh? NO.

Anyway...back here at home-my husband and I bought a portable AC unit for the sunroom. He installed it today and it is humming away cooling the room down. YAHOO!!! Now I can actually do what I used to do in the gardening department. Lots of ideas going round and round inside my head. While on vacation we went to visit the city of Victoria, B.C., Canada while on vacation...and went to the Butchart Gardens there!!!! BEAUTIFUL place. 55 acres of gardens. Hanging baskets all over and many, many flowers & plants. Gave me lots of ideas too. I can't wait to start. It was hot so that made it not as fun as it could of been but hey-not much one can do about the weather.

Back here...the dogs have learned to go in & out their little doggie door now!! That is funny about your cat!!

So tomorrow I will begin making my hanging baskets again...and planting flowers,etc..I had so many at my last house. Had to give them away before we moved and that was hard. I considered them my "babies".

Take care
    Becky

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living