Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uglyyard

Any Help is Welcome

UglyYard
11 years ago

Things to know about me:

1 - I never gardened before.

2 - Don't laugh but I am afraid of insects. Yes I know about 99% of the food I have eaten has had an insect on it. I probably even swallowed many without knowing(gags) But I still want to garden. I need to.

3-My yard is not working. My husband and I planted grass and it has died. It seems everything we plant something bad happens.

4-I have tried growing plants indoors but got a mini fly like infestation that would not go away. And believe me we tried everything from home remedies to sprays that specialized int hat stuff.

5-Our yard has no privacy. In the picture I posted the wall that we share with neighbors is chest height on their side. Their yard is higher up. Their kids use that wall as a bench.

6-I have begged from landscapers for ideas on what to do. I get no response.

7-We have a stray cat(we are allergic to cats, could end up in the hospital if in contact with one) The cat will not go away unless I step outside. He comes back when I go inside as if teasing me. But it destroyed a canvas drape I was using for privacy. If I call the humaine society they cannot do anything unless the cat is in reach. Well that doesnt help.

Please anyone I want to plant a garden but I am not sure how to keep cats, rodents and insects out. Do I need to build a cage? My soil is clay like. Please help. Thanks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored