Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loganlady

Help? Anybody in Las Vegas area...

loganlady
17 years ago

Yesterday my husband and I tried to find the Nevada Garden Club Center in Lorenzi Park. Tried is the operative word. That park is huge!!! We drove around it and still never found it inside...:(:( Anyone been there and knows where it is? We were going to the Fall Flower Show & Sale. Sorry we missed it. We do get an A for effort but I really was looking forward to seeing the show. I just hate it when you can't find a place-makes me feel dumb. The park does have alot of things inside it that is really cool.

Comments (4)

• mohavemaria
    17 years ago

Hello Beca,

I believe I have a neighbor who has something to do with the flower club. She has stopped by a couple of times and we've talked about my yard and she suggested I enter some stuff but I didn't. I'll try to drop by and ask her about exactly where the club is at Lorenzi. I've only taken kids there to play, walked around the lake and had the kids fish a few times.

Oh, did you see the rose garden towards the west side of the park? It has been years since I've been there as we now live in a different part of town. Anyway I'll get back to you when I find something out.

Happy Gardening, Maria

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Maria-I did see photos of the rose garden on a website on Lorenzi Park this morning...I am thinking that this is where the show must have been...or nearby it? I was trying to find a map that would show the many inside areas of this park so next time-we wouldn't get lost. LOL. I can't wait to hear what you found out from your neighbor.

Beca

• mohavemaria
    17 years ago

Hello Beca,

Well wouldn't you know it about two hours after I made my previous post I was walking the kids to school with a few other neighbors and Barb and her husband were driving down our street. I flagged her down and asked her about the flower show. She said it was this last weekend and they probally won't have another one until next fall.

I did find out where the building is though. She said you need to turn of Washington on twin lakes drive at the west end of the park and go to the back. Behind a chain link back there is where they have the show.

Better luck next year I guess but I think they do have other clubs that do shows there. I know I've seen the iris club advertise but that would have to be in the spring when they're in bloom.

Be good, Maria

• loganlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That is funny Maria!! Well, we were near there but still missed it...LOL...dang it. Next year we will not miss it. We will go back there some day I am sure for some other show-like you said.
    Thanks again!!
    Beca