Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo

Posted by cuban 11 LasVegas (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 9, 06 at 18:35

Hi, so glad to see so many NV people out there!! I had joined this site last year and felt pretty much all alone in my quest to conquer gardening in Vegas!!
Big question: has anyone been able to grow any tall thick running bamboo for privacy (not the small golden bamboo)? I've seen the timber bamboo beautifully growing at the MGM pool area. If they can grow it there, why not us?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo

• Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 10, 06 at 23:00

I'm sure if MGM can grow it so can you!!

Normally we have more people posting but it''s been really quiet lately....maybe everyone is outside planting,etc in the cooler weather. Who knows? I'm out in Pahrump but I am forever trying gardening out here in the wild, wild (and very hot or cold & windy) West. Learning by making mistakes...what does grow out here (some plants surprised me)..basically raised gardens and containers are the way to grow...and drip systems!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here