Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virginia creeper

Posted by organic_geri (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 11:45

I am very worried about my virginia creeper, I planted it about 3 months ago and it grew like crazy, however, it is now quite limp and looks half dead. I thought these grew and grew, surely I haven't killed it? Please help, my soil is very sticky clay but I have worked it so its not too bad now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virginia creeper

I don't think you CAN kill Virginia creeper. If you are in the Reno-Sparks area, leave a message on this forum or email me at TFarnon@aol.com and I'll give you all the cuttings/rootings you can stand come spring.

o
RE: Virginia creeper

• Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 24, 06 at 12:56

I also have virginia creeper all over my backyard fences.....love it and it does grow like crazy. I have had two problems with it: my drip system line stopped working (and, of course in the summer heat-they died) and now my dog has decided to dig near some other vines roots so imagine that... they are dying. All for the dog to get to the ground squirrels....geez. Look into the watering I'd say...or has my dog been in your yard digging too? LOL. You could always ask someone at a nearby nursery what also might be happening. Good Luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here