Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_southerncal

My second Las Vegas garden project

bill_southerncal
17 years ago

During Thanksgiving, I'm fully intending to plant a Fuyu persimmon and Fuji apple in my parents back yard in North Las Vegas. All the flowering plants, except for bouganvillas are planted, and doing well.

Then, for my next project, I have to start planting my sister's backyard. She lives two blocks away. Unlike my mom, my sister appreciates but doesn't want to touch the garden. She loves to pick, but hates to plant and weed. So, their 30' x 30'yard has nothing but dirt and a guest house still not complete. They want to keep it a desert to minimize water consumption, but want some pretty rocks and perhaps drought tolerant plants (thus my question on drought resistant/tolerant plants). I hope she'll want to either put a deck or a small lawn. She needs a gathering place and a gas BBQ between the house and guest house.

Any suggestions, besides the drought tolerant plants already mentioned in another thread? Thanks in advance. It's a long term project, I have until next March or so to have it completed.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner