Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janezee

Anyone started anything yet?

janezee
12 years ago

I have a few things in the cloche: spinach, lettuce, onions, leeks, beets. Thinking about when to start peppers.

Anyone started? What?

j

Comments (6)

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

So far 94 jugs of wintersown seeds sitting outside, mostly perennials that benefit from stratification. I'm just about ready to sow the hardy annuals then I can take a break until time to sow the veggies and more tender annuals in March or April.

• clc70
    12 years ago

I've wintersown 254 jugs so far. Will wait a little while before I start my annuals. Did anyone sustain damage in their gardens from all the snow and Ice? I have several shrubs that were broken down and lost some limbs off my bigger maples.

• Noni Morrison
    12 years ago

I will starting New Zealand Hybrid delphinium, snapdragons and sweet peas, and probably lots more after the NW Garden Show. I want to give them my full attention :-). First I have to take back my greenhouse from the chrysanthemums that are only now blooming good.

• bonnieearnold
    12 years ago

This will be my first year gardening, and I am really excited. I have grown to really love canning, but haven't yet grown anything of my own to can. I started a bunch of seeds inside in late January, even things you aren't supposed to start indoors, like beets (oops). When does everyone really get started sowing seeds outside? I have done a few rows of beets, carrots and radishes this past week, but perhaps I am premature due to excitement. Also, I planted way too many tomatoes and cucumbers and now I have a bunch of starts that I can't bear to throw away. Is there a garden exchange or anything where I can give them away? Thanks for your help.

• duane456
    12 years ago

bonnie---you should check out the winter sowing forum for starting things outside.
    Duane

• Patrick888
    12 years ago

Bonnie, you've started your tomatoes & cukes way too early (most of us have done that before!) for most outdoor growing efforts.

You didn't mention what area you live in, but there are Green Elephant plant swaps at least twice a year in Redmond/Woodinville, WA...the spring swap will be March 3rd and info is posted on the GW Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange site (it's also posted here this time).

You might also list what you have in the TRADE section of your GW profile and start a thread on the PNW Garden Exchange site.

Patrick