Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange survivors

Posted by homernoy z8b Bemerton (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 7, 09 at 0:01

At my house it stayed above 20F, but it was cold for a very long time. All of these are from my yard. I got lucky this time. Ninety eight was worse for me. I found little damage from cold, even little Acacia seedlings I plucked up from a local tree were untouched. I did lose a Furcrea, as you can see from a flattened freeze bleached rosette. LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange survivors

Wow, that view is fantastic.

Looks like you came through the weather with really good results.

o

What's the tall tree in the fourth photo? (The first vertical one) Thanks! There are some of these by where I work and we've been wondering.

o

Thanks buyorsell888. That was a nasty cold spell, but could have been a lot worse.

Hi mfm. That tree is a Eucalyptus perrinianna, and there are other Eucalyptus species around that look quite similar though this species is one of the best for the PNW.

If you can find it, this would be the one Eucalyptus to plant. My opinion anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here