Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_portland

Privacy planting?

ellen_portland
13 years ago

Hi,

We live off of a walking trail which goes along our backyard fence line. There is just a chain link fence division. We don't have the $$ to do anything expensive (I am unemployed), but would love some ideas on what we might do to screen this area off better for a bit more privacy? It doesn't have to be solid. The arrow points to the trail, the other pic is from the trail.

We have a lot of overgrowth from the trail and tall trees, but the area gets decent sun.. maybe not right at the fenceline?. The sun rises from behind the trees over to the right of this shot and comes up over the trees during the course of the day. These photos were taken around 2:00 in the afternoon on a slightly gray day.

Eventually, if the money gods shine on us, we'd love to add on to the back of the house, so I don't want to do anything too deep. My tastes run sorta toward

English Country Garden if that makes any difference. I am open for anything ;-) even fruit trees sound nice, but would want it large fruit- we have a Golden Retriever, don't want her choking on the fruit- plus there was an small ornamental cherry that we had taken out- it was on the park side- it was leaning on the fence and bending it and dropping mess all over our yard.

Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)