Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help! low hedge for sunny dry location

Posted by bonzgirl 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 13:58

Hi,

I have a south-facing shallow slope on the side of my house, and we don't have fence between the side yard and our neighbor's driveway.

I'm thinking to dig out strip of the lawn (3-4' wide x 24' long), and plant low hedge, preferably not more than 3'-5' tall.

Any suggestions?

Since it's on the shallow slope, far away from outdoor water faucet, and get lots of sun, I would like to pick the drought torrent plants.

Thought of ceanothus or lavendar, but they will attract bees, and neighbor wouldn't like that since they use the garage/driveway daily.

Would rosemary be a good choice? Or maybe rock rose?

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice!

Thanks!

-b

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help! low hedge for sunny dry location

You could also consider nandina ... or maybe even a grass like pampas grass.

o
RE: I need help! low hedge for sunny dry location

You might be better off not digging but just spraying the area with glysophate. Way easier and your not disturbing worms. An upright boxwood could work. Mulch where you don't weeds to grow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here