Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Organic supply store in Portland

Posted by hemnancy z8 PNW (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 17:28

I just found a store in Portland I hadn't even known existed, Concentrates, when I was looking for a source for Perlite. They also have animal feeds, potting soil, coco fiber, etc. Their prices are great!

www.concentratesnw.com

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Organic supply store in Portland

It's in unassuming building on an unlikely street, but they have advertised heavily on Mike Darcy's Saturday morning garden show on KXL for years.

Other than that, my wife and I couldn't recall a print ad or where we heard of it, been buying there for about 10 years.

Where did you hear of Concentrates?

o

larry gene- I was looking for a big bag of Perlite since I ran out last year, and the local nurseries had about doubled in price, so I googled it and found a processor in Portland and one of their distributors is Concentrates. I'm happy to have find a good supplier of organic materials and feed.:-)

o

Never heard of it! I buy similar items at Rain or Shine on Airport Way.

I loved Mike Darcy's TV program, but have never heard the radio program. Should I try to listen? When is it on?

o

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 7, 09 at 19:34

Darcy is on 750AM, Saturdays, 9 to noon.

o

buyorsell- you should check out their price list. Speaking of prices, does anyone know a local source for greenhouse 4 year plastic since I'm thinking of making some covered growing areas for tomatoes this year after the cold summer and early rains we had last year.

Nancy

o

Rain/Shine is handy if you're on the east side, but ducking into their parking lot from Airport Way traffic can be a hazard.

Concentrates is way in on SE 8th off Division in a light-industrial area. Much bigger selection than Rain/Shine.

I guess they should do more advertising!

o

Does anybody know if there is a supplier like this north of Seattle? The feed stores I've checked in the Monroe/Snohomish area have only carried alfalfa pellets. I'd like to find bigger bags of other products to make some of Ann Lovejoy's recommended fertilizer mixes.

o

I live close to Rain or Shine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here