Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT (can't figure out where to post this) Re Clippings

Posted by blameitontherain 8 PNW wetandwetta (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 12:01

Hi.

Sorry about the OT posting, but I don't know where else to turn. Is anyone else finding their clippings have been made public? Not that I have anything to hide (except my embarrassing spazziness -- how hard can it really be to post pictures? For Rain, apparently, very hard indeed) but I checked my clippings and every one of them show that the visibility has been marked, "private", yet they still show up if one clicks to see my clippings. Thought about deleting them all and re-clipping them, but I do have a job and it is Monday morning, after all.

Feeling exposed,

Rain

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT (can't figure out where to post this) Re Clippings

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 20:54

If it's any help, nothing to be embarrassed about. We don't all have a kid in the house to show us these things:)

I'm bad enough with the camera I bought that I haven't even reinstalled the software for it since buying a new computer in Fall - you don't see photos coming from me.

Maybe the privacy option went the way of actual birth dates, or is still tied into the change that puts all the strange symbols when someone tries to list measurements or temperatures. There are some very savvy people on Computer Help forum but this isn't an actual computer problem as opposed to GW glitch I think.

o

Not much on this topic in a search of the "Suggestions" forum, you can post the topic there.

You might try the Letters and Comments or Technical Problems links at the very bottom of the NW forum page.

GW glitch or intentional change is most likely.

o

Thanks for your suggestions (and gentle treatment). I'll try sending an email to the link at the bottom of the forum page and see what kind of response I get.

Rain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here