Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citybamboo

seeds in seattle

citybamboo
11 years ago

Does anyone know where I can physically go into a store and buy seeds around here. I am specifically looking for more variety of peppers & tomatoes that they have at places like swansons. I bought what I wanted from territorial seeds, but they only sent me less than a dozen per paket (ya I spent up top four bucks for less than a dozen seeds)!...then i accidentally let my seedlings dry out, with none left to replant :(

Comments (8)

• Embothrium
    11 years ago

Maybe Molbak's, they have a history of a big seed selection. It depends, of course, on what specific ones you are looking for, and if they are types that are not well adapted locally - nobody may be offering them here if they are needing longer, hotter summers than we have.

A friend with a serious kitchen garden grows tomatoes, peppers (and melons) under plastic north of Seattle. For the melons he even has an air recirculation system that warms the soil.

This post was edited by bboy on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 15:05

• quillfred
    11 years ago

Uprising seeds from Bellingham has a website you could check and call their outlets to check on seed supply before you drive around.

Walt's Organic in Ballard also has a nice supply. Skys also has seed from several different companies. If you have specific seed in mind I'd always call first.

• citybamboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I grow them in a greenhouse with an ebb and flow system
    so any pepper will grow, I will look around some more thanks!

• Embothrium
    11 years ago

I remember at one point the friend was ordering in seed from outside the area.

This post was edited by bboy on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 16:49

• PRO
    George Three LLC
    11 years ago

territorial tomato seeds claim 35-40 per pack. if you got 12 or less, do not buy anything before you talk to territorial.

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

I was in Molbak's during the past week. Their seed selection isn't as large as it's been in the past.

I'm looking for seeds for the tomato 'Sungella'. I haven't found it on any seed racks so far, nor in the catalog from Tomato Growers Supply Co. It's an improvement on one of it's parents, 'Sun Gold'. Very little splitting and great taste. It ripens reliably here in most years.

• Patrick888
    11 years ago

I just placed an online order for 'Sungella' tomato seeds from Heritage Tomato Seeds (located in CA). Their pkts. should contain about 20 seeds, which will probably supply me for 5 years or so, as I usually grow only a few plants per year.

• citybamboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks, I found a good selection at Sky in shoreline.