Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help design a cover for dwarf peach

Posted by dottyinduncan z8b coastal BC (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 12:38

I have a lovely little dwarf peach that gets curly leaf. It is suggested that it be covered in the springtime so that it doesn't get wet with our spring rains. Has anyone got a suggestion for a cover? The tree is at most 7 ft tall and not very fat. I'd appreciate any help. DH will build it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help design a cover for dwarf peach

You could try making a teepee with clear plastic. Or get some long thin PVC pipe and sink either end in the ground around tree and connect the pieces in the center with a x-shaped connector and cover it with clear plastic.

o

Well, we have built a cover for our peach tree and hope it will stand up to our cold, wet, windy spring weather. I thought I would post a pic of it. We built a cedar box around the bottom of the tree and attached some bendable plastic pipe by way of u-fasteners. Added the plastic to the top. It was very bendy in the wind so DH drove steel stakes in to help support the plastic. I hope it works!

Here is a link that might be useful: Peach Protector

o

If that doesn't work maybe four posts to support a permanent clear corrugated or? roof, we have one over a tomato bed. You could have clear plastic drop flaps which could be removed once the tree has leafed out.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here