Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdxwindjammer_gw

New Community Garden SW Portland

pdxwindjammer
14 years ago

Greetings! I have gone a little crazy this year with ordering heirloom seeds and doing hours of research in hopes of having a better year starting tomatoes from seed and nurturing them into delivering pounds of fresh, wonderful tomatoes! This will be my second year growing from seed.

I already have them planted in 16 oz cups with holes in the bottom, I rigged a shelf in my garage with 2 4'flourescent light fixtures wrapped in reflective mylar and when my seedlings sprout they will head under the lights!

I have a sun challenged yard, with only a small portion getting about 5-6 hours of full sun a day at best. I found out about a garden about a mile away from my house but they are full. :-(

I called the phone number for Tualatin Park and Recreation and talked to a woman named Lisa. She informed me that they will be plotting a NEW community garden and the first meeting will be towards the end of March, with the plots being plantable on May 1st!! I drove over to the Riverwood Park to check it out and there will be plenty of sun!

The plots are only $20 a year and there is only a short waiting list and she said I would certainly get a plot because many people will back out.

I look forward to having a sunny plot for my "salsa" garden!

Comments (3)