Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Burpee Seeds in Portland?

Posted by lilydude sunset6/z8 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 5, 09 at 13:55

Who sells Burpee seeds? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Burpee Seeds in Portland?

Fred Meyers,Lowes and Walmart.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 23:26

I guess that boycott didn't stick. How soon we forget.

o

Save time and gas if you want to pay for Burpee seeds buy them online.

o

"I guess that boycott didn't stick. How soon we forget."

Botann, explain please. Are you referring to the T&M thread? I don't do business with T&M. What does that have to do with Burpee?

o
RE: RE: Where to buy Burpee Seeds in Portland?

Muddydogs, I did end up buying online. I couldn't find the seeds I wanted at the retail stores. Also, I think the seed count is higher if you buy directly from them. But they really whack you with shipping charges online($8.95). Nasty.

o

Many people in the Northwest have strong feelings against Burpee because of their mishandling of Heronswood Nursery after they purchased it from Dan Hinkley. And much was said about it on this forum... just go to the bottom and search for 'Heronswood'.

Who needs Heronswood anyways... I'm off to WalMart to get my Burpee seeds!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 7, 09 at 11:37

Botann, it stuck here - I haven't purchased anything that would benefit George Ball and it's not likely I will.

I'm another who hasn't had exceptional germination with Thompson/Morgan...Approx 75% of my perennial/shrub seeds the last few years have come from Chiltern Seeds, no complaints at all with theirs. The Chiltern VegBook looked interesting and I've browsed through it but I'm not planning a vegetable garden this year so haven't ordered from it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here