Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interested in the relationship between veg gardening and diet?

Posted by tackam none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 15:58

I'm a master's student at Bastyr University, and I'm doing a study on diets of gardeners and non-gardeners. If any Seattle residents would like to participate, I'd love to have you fill out my survey. It's quick, and you could win a $100 City People's gift certificate. Feel free to forward the link to friends and family. :)

www.surveymonkey.com/bastyrgardening

Let me know if you have any questions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interested in the relationship between veg gardening and diet

I forged my way onto the survey, up to the sole question about gardening, and then exited.

The survey focuses more on commercially prepared food items rather than fresh produce, although many of the questioned foods could be prepared from frozen or canned home produce.
There would be no way to quantify the use of home-grown ingredients from the survey answers.

The participant is asked to think about their diet over the past one month. The past month is not when many people's diets have been amended from their home garden.

At our home, we have been occasionally using hot and bell peppers, beans, and beets preserved from last year's garden, but they are not a significant portion of our diet. Our freezer mostly contains home-grown fruits.

I hope the student will let us know the results of the survey.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here