Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trim & replant African daisy?

Posted by berrybear OR (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 17:18

Hi. We are new homeowners who know NOTHING about gardening. We have an African daisy Osteospermum (thats what tag says) planted in flowerbed. We would like to move it to a new location. Any tips? Also it's about 3 ft in diameter. For the most part looks dead but some green is appearing on the tips of the "octopus arms" of the plant (its March here in Portland Oregon). Do i trim this plant and, if so, how?
Many thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trim & replant African daisy?

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 17:52

Easiest thing would be to toss this damaged specimen and buy a new one for the other spot. Otherwise, you might be able to lift the parts with green on them as separate plants, make a new planting of several using these division. It depends on the green, outer parts having already taken root on their own.

Plant is marginally hardy, brown areas may be due (at least in part) to cold damage, leaves piling up on it etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here