Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this low growing broadleaf evergreen? *PIC*

Posted by laurell 8 - Washington (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 17:25

This shrub is growing at my fiancs parents' house. By his father's best estimate it should be around 20 years old. It is no taller than maybe 2-3 feet, but has long branches coming out horizontally. It is in nearly full shade, in a fairly sheltered spot under several fir trees. It's growing in Lake Forest Park if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this low growing broadleaf evergreen? *PIC*

It's a form of Prunus laurocerasus. This plant escapes cultivation and sprouts in many woodland areas and shades whole areas out. Best to pull it up and disgard it, not that it would make any difference at this point.

o
RE: What is this low growing broadleaf evergreen? *PIC*

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 18:10

Looks and sounds like 'Zabeliana'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here