Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown leaf edges and curling on Elaeagnus pungens

Posted by lagagnon 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 11:40

We have a 1.5m high Elaeagnus pungens shrub which since last fall has developed curling and browned leaf edges over much of the plant. What might cause this and is there any way to save the plant?

Larry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown leaf edges and curling on Elaeagnus pungens

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 15:33

Cold weather.

o
RE: Brown leaf edges and curling on Elaeagnus pungens

The leaves on my plants are turning brown and are curling into a tube and the leaves are yellow as well, what could be going on? I have 11 in a row and 6 of them seem to be infected with something. Just fertilized with Miracle grow liquid, and it seems to have helped some. I checked for fungus by stripping the stem and looking for black spots but did not see any. Would appreciate feedback.Thank you. chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here