Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Conifer nurseries in Oregon and Washington?

Posted by may_flowers 8 OR (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 12:17

Any suggestions of where to go to see a good selection? We're in the Portland metro area and up for a nice drive this weekend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Conifer nurseries in Oregon and Washington?

There is a groupon being offered right now for 50% off at a nursery called Conifer Kingdom in Silverton OR. I've never been there but sounds like they have conifers ;) maybe check out their web page.

o

While you're down in Silverton, try the Oregon Garden, said to have a large display of conifers, perhaps they are labeled.

Tsugawa Nursery in Woodland WA has a good selection.

o

Thank you! I had forgotten about the Oregon Garden. We've never been there. I think I'll plan that for when a little more is blooming and leafed out. Maybe hit Schriener's Iris Garden too.

o

Conifer Kingdom is good. I bought 2 Jap Maples there last year. Both are doing well.

I will say the trees are in 100% full sun at the nursery, which seemed like a little too much for most of them, but once I transplanted to my yard in a slightly less ful sun location, they are doing great. Both trees are producing a lot of new growth as they leaf out this spring.

Can you please point me to the Conifer Kingdom Groupon? I would like to check it out. Thanks!

This post was edited by OregonEd on Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 12:27

o

http://www.groupon.com/deals/conifer-kingdom

o

The conifer collection at the Oregon Garden has really matured and is outstanding.

Not open to the public often but Iseli Nursery in Boring has a great display garden surrounding their offices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here