Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where do you buy grow lights?

Posted by sboku74 Seattle (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 12:32

This is my first try at starting seedlings under indoor lights for my tomatoes and eggplants. I don't have a lot of space and have 2-3 seed trays to light up. Where can I buy relatively cheap grow lights (t-8 fluorescents)?
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where do you buy grow lights?

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 13:22

Maybe try this place.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Indoor Sun Shoppe

o

I like indoor sun shoppe and got many of my succulents there. And all you need is some cheap shop lights from the BigBox and some decent fluorescents. Plenty of discussions on this board about exactly what works for what ballast.

Dan

o

I've been looking on Craig's List for a High Pressure Sodium light for my greenhouse but I know so little about them that I don't know what is a good deal or not.

I do know for seed starting you can buy cheap shop lights from a Big Box store. Sadly, that doesn't help me so my greenhouse is still dark....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here