Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starving student needs plants!

Posted by thesecretofjoy (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 6, 09 at 15:51

Hi folks! I've been away from gardenweb for over a year since I sold my house. I recently moved into a rental house near greenlake and my yard needs plants!

I didn't make it to the green elephant plant swap so I thought I'd see if anyone has any cuttings or divisions to share. I'm happy to come dig or do some weeding for you in exchange for any plant goodies :-)

I'm starting a small veggie garden too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starving student needs plants!

Email me. I probably won't get around to donating to plant sales like I usually do and have lots of extras.

o

Go to the WSU Extension Plant Sale in Everett the first week of May. You can get LOADS of perennials and even some shrubs or grasses for cheap with the lowest prices starting around a dollar. It would be worth your while to drive up North for it.

o

Hi,
I'm finally getting around to replying to your message, which I saw a couple of weeks ago. I took inventory of things I might have to share, and these include shasta daisies, a couple of lady's mantle, some starts of yellow pincushion flowers, some foxgloves, some stachys hummelo and a plant I don't know the name of, which is like a medium sized daisy with chrysanthemum foliage that blooms in late spring. I also have some large and smaller plants of french sorrel for your veggie garden if you are interested. I'm posting these on craigslist as well. Sorrel is a perennial green that is lemony tasting. It is good added to salads, eggs and in soup like spinach. Let me know if you are still interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here