Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlenae_gw

How can I stop the rabbits from eating all the plants?

JLenae
10 years ago

I just moved into a home with approx. 3 acres which the neighbors had 2 tame rabbits. (Well this was probably 6 years ago). At any given time you can see 10-20 rabbits in the yard or nibbling on something. We have put up wiring around the garden area so they haven't made it in there, and we have used very small chicken coop wire to make little fences around most the plants that we just built for the hummingbird/butterfly garden. I have even taken clear packing tape and wrapped it around the bottoms because the baby rabbits are lil houdini's! We planted a rose bush and they have eaten it almost down to nothing. I never thought they would even be interested in that pokey thing! We've tried Blood Meal that we bought at the nursery, they said if we mix it in a lil container like a paste and surround the area we don't want them near they wont go near it. WRONG! It doesn't phase them. So please, any ideas would be greatly appreciated as it seems there will be a new batch of bunnies coming in a few weeks! It just makes me sad we have all this money in plants and have to keep them covered so they don't get eaten......... Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm