Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for recomendation

Posted by briergardener 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 11:55

Does anybody know not very expensive landscape company in Seattle area to do small water and rock features in my backyard?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for recomendation

Coming from someone in the industry, a "not very expensive" landscape company is generally not a great choice :-) Inexpensive fly-by-night outfits abound but they are often a) not licensed or bonded, b) don't know exactly what they are doing (anyone can call themselves a "landscaper") or c) do sloppy, possibly dangerous work and have no follow-through or even pick up after themselves.

As a designer, I work with landscape contractors all the time and it really is a case of you get what you pay for.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, May 5, 14 at 13:12

Yep. If you are having features installed on your property, you want a contractor. Running a legitimate contractorship costs money, you pay for that when you hire one.

I know one that has been in operation for 25 years that would make something for you that was tasteful and convincing (naturalistic), but will want to be paid for it.

And is booked until July.

o

I completely agree with the above.
It pays to check out what the contractor has done before. Look at his work and talk to former customers. It will be well worth your time. Nothing worse than a water feature done bad. Even some of the pros do an amateur job, usually in the rock work.
Shop around, get estimates, and check out references.
An educated buyer is a smart buyer.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here