Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do i need Tagro?

Posted by natalija_gardener 98354 (My Page) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 17:47

Hi!
I am sorry my questions might sound so naive, but I am a completely new gardener(but determined:-))
I just rotatilled some ground for garden(1000 sq.f.) and it used to be a garden , but for three years it was grown with grass. The person who did rotatilling said he founds my soil pretty worked out(looks that previous owners had taken good care of it). Previously I wanted to add Tagro(1 inch), but do I really need to buy it. I have a Soundgro. Can I use it instead of Tagro, cause I already have a good built soil? Or you would reccomend to put something else?
Thank you, you are very helpful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do i need Tagro?

Soundgro works veruy well for me

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Sun, May 24, 09 at 1:19

I wouldn't use anything made with municipal waste on a food production area.

o

i love tagro and put 2" on my flower beds every other year. Like bboy, I draw the line at the vege garden even though their site says it is completely safe.

o

I am in complete agreement with the other posts. I don't use it on my veggies. I would recommend it for the ornamental garden though. My roses were incredible and my trees grew in massive amounts! Clematis especially liked it. My parents were so impressed, they bagged some up and took it down to OR with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here