Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bohochick

Stunted Columbine

bohochick
10 years ago

I planted a mixed color columbine packet last summer and they sprouted and got their cute little columbine leaves but they never grew past that point. Early this spring I took them out of their pot and planted them in the ground and that got them growing a tiny bit, but on the whole they haven't grown past that. On top of this, I planted two more columbine seed packets early this spring and nothing has come up yet. I have transplanted columbine plants from my grandma's garden, where they were growing profusely in terrible soil, and those plants did well and the seed pods are now ripening, but I've planted two other columbine plants that haven't flowered this year or gotten very big.
Any advice on the plant would be awesome, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
The spot they're in gets morning sun, some of the plants get dappled afternoon sun, and one certain plant is in pretty much full sun. All of the mature plants are scattered throughout these growing conditions and all preformed the same, lush with one bout of lots of blooms, but none of the new plants have done very well.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)