Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding Sedge Peat

Posted by Rumcake350 OR (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 1:54

Hi, I live in Eugene, OR and am having a really hard time finding Sedge Peat, or Reed Sedge Peat. I'd like to find a dependable commercial source so I can purchase a consistent product over time. Is this particular product not available in the western states, specifically Oregon? The area I live in has a population of about 200K and I haven't had much trouble finding other items I'm looking for locally. If anybody here knows of a source that's near me I'd love to hear about it. If this isn't available in my area is there a similar product? I need something that is more decomposed than the typical sphagnum peat moss.

Thanks!

Brandon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding Sedge Peat

I'm sorry Brandon I don't know of a good source for that one, but I'm curious what you're using it for? I wonder if you might be looking at that backwards with the sphagnum? Sedge peat might be said to be more decomposed only because it is muckier and more organic. But it breaks down even more, and at a faster rate than sphagnum peat. It also holds much less air than regular sphagnum peat (which is relatively stable compared to other organic ingredients).
- Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here