Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap wood chips near Kalama, WA

Posted by lilydude sunset6/z8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 8, 09 at 14:53

I need a couple of truck loads of cheap wood chips. I live just south of Kalama, WA. Does anyone know how I can get some? Tree surgeons? I've already called Asplundh and Cowlitz County public works. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap wood chips near Kalama, WA

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 8, 09 at 17:24

Yes: I would call some additional tree services to see what could be turned up. You want somebody who happens to be working nearby so it would work for them to unload the truck at your place. You will have to wait until they are working nearby and have a full loads to get rid of.

Otherwise, if you can get it and are able to pay for it cedar play chips from a bark and soil dealer are really nice. I've gone through many loads of free wood chips from tree services myself, there are some drawbacks with these including leaves, weeds or trash been mixed in sometimes. The leaves soon go moldy if the pile is not spread right away. I also now have giant morning glory (Calystegia) here and there because of it coming in a pile of chips.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here