Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natalija_gardener

Where to buy Sluggo bait cheap?

natalija_gardener
14 years ago

Anybody know places and can give advice?

I tried on-line, but shipping is very expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

• Embothrium
    14 years ago

Watch advertising for specials on larger containers.

• plantknitter
    14 years ago

You can get a 25 # bag at Steubers Distributing in Snohomish for $58. or about $63.00 with tax.
    So the sluggo would be $2.52 a pound--MUCH LESS than buying retail.
    I divided up with our local NPA garden group.

• natalija_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Plantknitter!
    Can you please enlighten me whatNPA garden group stands for?

• plantknitter
    14 years ago

NPA is the Northwest Perennial Alliance and they have neighborhood groups.

What I meant was that I bought a big bag and weighed out 1 pound packs and members of our group then bought the amount they wanted at cost.
    So if you don't need the whole 25 pounds, you could share with others. but the stuff doesn't go bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: NPA

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    14 years ago

natalija, don't feel you have to find that particular brand name either, you can shop by price for pet friendly slug baits. There are at least 3 or 4 baits available with iron phosphate as their active ingredient in garden centers and box stores - Sluggo, Worry Free, and I noticed one new to me on the shelf at Walmart last month, Ortho EcoSense. I hadn't seen that one so read the label, same iron phosphate as the others.

• jean001
    14 years ago

It was said: "What I meant was that I bought a big bag and weighed out 1 pound packs and members of our group then bought the amount they wanted at cost."

Oops, big oops, That's illegal. Never purchase, subdivide and share. That's against EPA regulations. And is a big time no-no!

• plantknitter
    14 years ago

Ok, so everyone chips in and buys a 25 pound bag.

• JudyWWW
    14 years ago

Each spring Gardens Alive catalog has a $25 coupon good on any purchase over a certain amount. I always use mine to get their version of Sluggo. I buy two bags and end up getting them for the price of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JudyWWW

• botann
    14 years ago

It was said: "What I meant was that I bought a big bag and weighed out 1 pound packs and members of our group then bought the amount they wanted at cost."
    Oops, big oops, That's illegal. Never purchase, subdivide and share. That's against EPA regulations. And is a big time no-no!

What's the logic behind that??

• JAYK
    14 years ago

Transferring pesticides of any kind from one container to another, except by the applicator for use, is considered production. The entity doing the repackaging must be authorized and registered as an EPA Establishment. Concerns raised by sharing pesticides as mentioned above include improper container labeling on the new packaging, improper container types, and a host of other safety and use issues.

• jean001
    14 years ago

botann asked 'What's the logic behind that?'

The logic belongs to EPA, although I didn't state it in their legalese.

To learn precisely what EPA says about repackaging & distributing pesticides read the pdf at
    www.epa.gov/pesticides/regulating/regulations-glance-table-5.pdf

In part, EPA requires the person/business be licensed; an original label to be attached to each of the repackaged units; and the pesticides to be only one of the very few pesticides EPA states are appropriate for such use.

Here is a link that might be useful: EPA regulations re repackaging/redistribution of pesticides

• jean001
    14 years ago

plantknitter commented "Ok, so everyone chips in and buys a 25 pound bag."

Sorry, that doesn't work either.

• westcoastj
    14 years ago

The EPA regulations are actually hilarious in relation to this case. As if anyone would even worry about it? Especially with something as harmless as slug bait. I mean seriously... I can definately see why the rule was created, for dangerous types of pesticides. But I mean COME ON... no personal offense intended, but that's like wagging a finger at someone for jaywalking on an empty street.

• Embothrium
    14 years ago

Iron phosphate baits are not completely harmless and do come with warnings on the labels.