Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weeds are taller than me!

Posted by dottyinduncan z8b coastal BC (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 17:17

Finally, today the sun came out and I ventured into the veggie garden to see what I've been missing over the past wet days. Disaster! The weeds haven't taken a rest at all. The beans that were planted during the last warm spell have all rotted in the ground and the slugs are out in full force. Oh well, I know it's not too late to plant corn so I'll go and plant and keep my fingers crossed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weeds are taller than me!

This is a very bad sign. You aren't supposed to let the weeds take over until at least July.

Please report to the Imperial Gardener's Court and turn in your sacred golden trowel and ceremonial alpaca gardening gloves.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 23:17

If she had alpacas the weeds might not have been so bad.

o

Funny, I was thinking of getting an alpaca....

o

Secret to successful gardening is like secret to weight loss.
In the first case : WEED and get the slugs. In the latter stop eating..haha

This post was edited by seysonn on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 1:41

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 10:33

I live very close to a 23 acre Alpaca farm. They are not near as big as Llamas.
They sure are cute! Especially when the playful newborns are outfitted in colorful Alpaca sweaters.

Mike

o

They may be cute, but be forewarned of alpacas, if you do something they don't like, they will spit at you, seriously! So the alpaca can do the weeding, what about the pesky snails and slugs...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here