Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eric_in_eugene

Zone-specific Northwest Vegetable Guide

eric_in_eugene
14 years ago

I'm curious if there is a short book or online site that gives tips for vegetable gardening in the various climate zones of the Northwest. I know that the Oregon State school of agriculture put out a brief guide as listed in the link below.

However the information was rather limited and the regional tips didn't cover the Willamette Valley. It would be great if I could find a more detailed and climate-specific guide to the various vegetable climate zones (not hardiness zones!) of the Northwest, including not only planting and harvest calendars for the various zones but also a more complete description of each zone's normal seasonal cycle, including normal day and night temperatures, frequency and severity of summer heat waves, wind, clouds, humidity and precip. totals. Basically all the information on a zone's climate you would need to make good educated guesses about how plants would perform and what you can do to improve results.

Here is a link that might be useful: A quickie regional gardening guide by OSU Agri. (not enough IMO!)

Comments (5)