Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clematis, spots on leaves.

Posted by Rietje z7 Seattle (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 18:25

I am having a terrible problem with my Clematis! My Clematis has black spots on the leaves. It started on the bottom of the plant and then it spread here and there to other leaves. Meanwhile leaves on the bottom of the clematis are turning brown and crispy. Yet the top of the Clematis is green, healthy and growing.
I have sprayed it totally 3 times now with Green Light Rose Defense, for black spot, pwd mildew, rust scales etc. It has not helped. Another Clematis which I had planted right next to it has it now too. Heeeeeelp!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clematis, spots on leaves.

Some clematis types(especially the type 2 pruning group)this is very common. After the clematis blooms the lower leaves turn brown and dry up. I think it is in the genes. It is not a disease. It does look unsightly though. I just pick the dead leaves off if it looks too bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here