Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ot-how to keep crows from robin nesting site?m

Posted by teeka0801 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 19:59

After watching three nestlings start spreading their wings, Mom and Dad feeding 24/7 and seemingly able to scare off potential crow attacks, one early morning we heard a huge racket (lots of sounds from mom and dad and crows)and two of the fledglings were gone and one(the biggest) was perched on a branch.

Later that day, that one disappeared and not sure if he was taken by these *&*(%$% crows we have everywhere.

Since it seems that robins return to their nesting sites, I want to prepare myself in any way possible to help get these babies through that one-two day period when they are just about to take off.

They were so close to going off on their own, just one more day ,but they were pretty loud and hard to not notice the mom and dad coming and going non-stop!!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ot-how to keep crows from robin nesting site?m

With the robin nest in the cedars along the back fence, and the crows on the roof peak, I place about 10 peanuts in the shell out at the street. This gift breaks the attack spell. The crows take 15 to 30 minutes to either eat the peanuts or to hide them. Some of the hiding locations are ingenious and amusing. After consuming a few peanuts, they seem to knock off for the day.

Tomorrow is another day.

o
RE: ot-how to keep crows from robin nesting site?m

these *&*(%$% crows we have everywhere.

Don't dis the crows! They alerted me to the bald eagle about to make lunch out of my favorite hen. Miraculously, she survived with nothing but a lot of feathers, and a couple of quarter sized patches of skin missing on her back. I had no idea she was still alive when I charged the thing, and made it drop her. If they hadn't been harassing the eagle, and if I hadn't gone out to see why the crows were making so much noise, she would have been a goner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here