Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potatoes / enough for sharing

Posted by sasafras 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 21:55

I harvested potatoes today! Red, Yukon, and Blue Adirondack. Enough to share with my friends, and though they are not big they are beautiful!

Oh and tomatoes are coming along, slow but sure. Life is good!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potatoes / enough for sharing

I dug some today too and got some really big ones. All red is the variety, pink all the way through. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't like pink mashed potatoes, but I think they taste great.

o

Under good conditions, tens of pounds of potatoes is the norm, share 'em or lose 'em. Congratulations on your success.

o

I always bust that yield by three to five pounds. Gave some away just yesterday, as a matter of fact.

I grew the Yellow Finn early and then put some French Fingerlings in after the garlic came out. Finns are done, Fingerlings are taking their time.

o

I like potatoes because I can have them available to eat for a long, long time. Don't give them away, store them, you'll want some later. I have a small root cellar for this, but lately I just leave them in the ground and dig them up as needed.

o

:) Thanks and good on all of ya!!

o

Hello all Pretty new here, getting ready to finally have a new garden at the new place and would like to know where to get the blue potato that sasafras has and the pink that dottyinduncan has. any advice
thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here