Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choisya Aztec Pearl

Posted by Mona.in.BC Richmond, BC (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 21:59

Hello....I planted these three plants together this summer. In the last few weeks the tips of the leaves have started to turn brown. The container is on the west side of our deck and gets full sun most of the day. I don't know if I'm over or under watering it. I just added some slow release granules. I'm very new to gardening and this is my first post. I am enjoying this website very much and am learning so much from everyone. One day I hope to contribute as well!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choisya Aztec Pearl

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 1:17

Poke around in the dirt to see what the moisture situation is. Pot looks portable, putting it under cover (cold greenhouse, garage with window, fully enclosed porch...) when Arctic fronts threaten would probably be a good idea - shrubs in containers are more prone to cold, and this shrub is not the hardiest one around.

o

I think this hot, sunny summer weather has been hard on choisya. I have one in a sunny spot and it isn't happy either. The ones in the shade are in better shape. It looks super in your pot and you will enjoy it in the wintertime.

o

Thank you both for your response! I think I will move it to a shadier, more sheltered spot and see if that works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here