Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lhy1031

where to buy lots of 8'emerald green arborvitae

lhy1031
17 years ago

I would like to buy 40-50 8' tall emerald green arborvitae, preferrably delivered to my house in eastside of Seattle, where is the best place to buy this, I have about $1000 to spend.

Comments (11)

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

Probably your budget is too small. Have you done any pricing yet? 8 ft. is pretty tall.

• pianojuggler
    17 years ago

$1000 is $25 each for 40 plants. That's low retail for a 4- or 5-foot arborv.

Yeah, 8-footers are going to cost more... but a 4- or 5-foot one, well planted and fertilized should add a couple of feet in a couple of years.

On the Eastside, I would stop by Angelo's (behind Uwajimaya on 156th) on a slow day and ask if they can meet your price.

You might also call Julius Rosso (at the north end of Boeing Field) and see what kind of price they'll give you on that many.

My hunch is that 40 or 50 sounds like a lot to the average homeowner, but to a landscaper, it's a typical order, so I wouldn't expect a nursery or grower to go below wholesale for that quantity.

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

I wouldn't either.

• scarlettmx5
    17 years ago

Thursday I went to Flower World. 3' = $10.00; 4' = $17.00 (the measurement is tree only, not including the pot). I didn't look for anything taller, but assume you could call and ask for their prices. It's pretty slow on weekdays.

• greenelephant
    17 years ago

I just returned from Home Depot where 5 gal Emerald Green Arbovitae (4-5' tall) are $9.97 ea.

You may have to travel around to several HD's to find 40-50. But I just planted five of them. :)

Regards,

Jim

• Embothrium
    17 years ago

Check for signs of having been allowed to dry out before purchasing.

• trolley_molly
    17 years ago

Angelo's Nursery on 156th and 24th in Bellevue tends to have the best prices for generic landscaping plants, such as arborvitae and english laurel

• mdvaden_of_oregon
    17 years ago

When I was in Beaverton, a bit over a year ago, some wholesale nurseries like Lowe's had them for about $25 apiece for the 5' to 6' plants.

The 8' ones, can be in the 7 to 8 foot range, or the 8 foot to 10 foot range. If the 8' ones are in the latter, the are upwards of $80 to $100 each.

Consider 6' as the size to match your budget. Someone, somewhere, should have them for about $25 to $30 each.

Get them now. They are a drag to plant in late June through the summer. Losses can be high for many people. It's a big canopy on a small rootball in most cases.

• lhy1031
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for all the advice. I went to Angelo's on 156th and bought 25 of 7' ones, at $25 per tree. I hope they will survive the harsh, rocky soil where they have to be planted along the edge of the fence.

• ksuzuki_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but is Angelo's still open on the eastside? Their number is disconnected.