Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_seattle

Where can I buy mud boots/barn boots in Seattle?

grant_in_seattle
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Sadness: my old barn boots (thirteen years old now) finally are giving out on me and I need some new ones. These were from the now-defunct Chubby-n-Tubby's hardware store on Rainier Avenue in Seattle.

Do you know of any places in Seattle that sell cheap, durable mud-boots/barn boots? If so, feel free to share.

My feet, and floors, thank you. :)

Take care,

Grant

Comments (8)

• trolley_molly
    17 years ago

Places that sell riding equipment will have them, although you may well pay too much for them. Issaquah Grange carries them. Another option is stores around the fisherman's terminal that outfit commercial fishermen and people going up north to work on the salmon packing lines. My last pair of boots came from there, although I don't recall the name of the store now. A little looser around the calf than barn boots, pull-on straps, and a nice bright shiny yellow.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    17 years ago

Have you tried any of the Work & More stores? Not especially inexpensive, but they do carry a wide range of work clothes/boots and an extensive selection of foul weather gear.

• grant_in_seattle
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out Work & More and some of the granges and fishery supply places. I sure miss Chub n Tub!

Take care,
    Grant

• lfrj
    17 years ago

I bought a pair of the original Muck boots (come in shoes, too!) A bit more than I meant to spend, but worth it. I was so pleased with them I purchased another pair for partner. Easy on, easy off, waterproof, comfortable with some traction too! We bought both at the local feed store, but have seen them at Molbaks as well. (Isn't there a Molbaks at U Village?)

lf

• grant_in_seattle
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the tip on Muck boots. I'll keep an eye out for them. The Molbak's in U Village is a Smith and Hawken now, though they might have them too. I've got some cool gardening shoes (and durable plastic gardening sandals) and now I need to replace these boots. Thanks again everyone.

Grant

• quillfred
    10 years ago

Maybe Fred Meyer or McLendons have them. I've seen them both places in the past.

• merrygardener
    10 years ago

I have a pair of Bogs; they aren't exactly fashionable (not the point, here!) but are a very useful mid-calf boot. They cost more than I intended to spend, but are really durable and comfortable! They are available online, but I bought mine at the local Ace Hardware.

• plantknitter
    10 years ago

I have slip on clog Bogs, got them on Amazon Prime = free shipping. They stay on well for going up and down my woodland trails with wheelbarrows etc. and kick off easily for going in and out of the house. Work fine for serious digging and shoveling, too.
    With free shpping and free return if they don't fit, I was game for trying them and now really pleased.
    Finally found something that fit my narrowish feet as well as the Anywhere slip ons I used for years til they were discontinued.