Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Best Place To Order Lillies

Posted by flowerpowereverett z8wa (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 21:01

On another thread, The Lily Garden, Vancouver, Washington, was mentioned. Upon checking their website, their prices are somewhat higher than say, John Scheepers. Has anyone ordered recently from this vendor? What was your experience like? Thanks for any info - Ruth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Best Place To Order Lillies

For both selection and quality of bulbs, I like B&D Lilies in Port Townsend and The Lily Pad in Olympia. Both are regular participants at local garden shows and events and I like supporting local businesses :-) They may not be the lowest prices in town (don't actually know - never did any price comparisons) but they have big, plump, healthy bulbs and a wide selection.

o

B&D has great bulbs! Best value around for size vs. cost is at the NW Flower & garden show, if you can hold out that long. You'll get more bulb per dollar there than anywhere, and you get to pick your individual bulbs yourself.
- Tom

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 19:53

If you haven't grown these before you must provide continuous protection from slugs while the tops are up.

o

Thanks for the great suggestions! I went ahead and placed the order with the Lily Garden and just finished planting the bulbs. They filled my order in a timely manner and their merchandise was top quality.

I have placed an order with B & D as well; I had seen their display the the Flower and Garden Show but incredulously, had never ordered from them!

Even worse than slugs this year, were the snails, which seem to be getting worse and worse each year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here