Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NHS Sale at North Seattle Commnunity College

Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 23:19

Quite a spread this year, more to take in than I had time for - will probably go back tomorrow. Garden Web participant Ian Barclay brought some pretty rare stuff, as usual - he goes into the wild and makes his own collections, like Dan Hinkley, Sean Hogan and others of similar inclination do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall Plant Sale

This post was edited by bboy on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 23:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NHS Sale at North Seattle Commnunity College

so what wonderful things did you see?
and what did you get?

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 22:30

There was a pretty good range of plants. What I bought myself appealed to my personal interests, as does everything we all buy - I ended up with some enticements from Colvos Creek and Desert Northwest primarily, but other people certainly had plants that got looked over and considered. One thing that was kind of interesting was that there seemed to be perhaps several named forms of Nyssa sylvatica present - all at one event.

I came back the second day because I had to get to a meeting Friday - and then Saturday I didn't make it there until 20 minutes before closing. So both times I had to rush, and tables were being emptied and unsold plants loaded up while I was still looking.

But I saw enough of it to know anyone that is interested in neat plants should have checked it out.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 21:13

I'm glad you found some nice selections. My own personal interest these last weeks has been directed more to choices deer and mountain beaver resistant that do not include false lily of the valley or ivy. I'm getting closer to reasonable control of the ivy and Maianthemum.... so for those of us who can get a little distracted but would like to attend, maybe next time a few days notice posted here if someone is of a spirit to do that?

I'm 100 miles away so a few hours warning doesn't work. And admittedly I've got way too much in temporary pots to handle now and I'm finding the weather has slowed getting beds ready to plant, but I can always hope it will be different before too many more months :)

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 1:26

If you leave it up to the animals you are going to have them spoiling your fun indefinitely - you must fence them out to be able to have full enjoyment of serious gardening efforts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here