Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
19juju54

hoses

19juju54
13 years ago

Does anyone have a hose that they really like? I purchased some really heavy duty no kink hoses from Lowes. They don't kink but there are SO stiff and heavy. I have a small yard and am considering the coil hoses but they have been given pretty bad reviews. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Comments (7)

• Embothrium
    13 years ago

Good hoses, as a normal, quickly and easily found, affordable item seem to have died out. Inferior ones are now being sold as Heavy Duty and Contractor Grade. Probably if you look around more seriously and/or shop through the internet you can find a fully satisfactory one.

Maybe for something like a hundred dollars. You can spend 80 dollars at a store here and still end up with a product that just doesn't cut it.

• dottyinduncan
    13 years ago

I haven't found one I like either. I've had a coiled hose and it sprung a hole quite quickly and then it just got deformed and nasty. I'd like one that is light, doesn't get too hard and lasts. Also, don't want a black one that gets my hands black. We've got really old rubber hoses that are still ok after 30 years, except maybe the end had to be changed.

• 19juju54
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Dotty, Have you tried any all rubber hoses recently? Are they the ones that turn your hands black? I read some ratings on Craftmen rubber hoses purchased through Kmart that folks seemed to like. The price was reasonable too. I may try one of those if someone doesn't post with glowing reports on a favorite hose.

• dottyinduncan
    13 years ago

No, I haven't tried them lately. But I certainly agree with your original posting -- it's sure hard to find a good one!

• PRO
    George Three LLC
    13 years ago

got the craftsman this year. so far it works well. a bit on the heavy side, but nothing insane.

probably works just as good as any other black rubber hose, HOWEVER, its the only one that you can just return in 5 years and get a new one. just make sure you get the one with the return policy! its the most expensive...

• reg_pnw7
    13 years ago

I have a couple of hoses from Costco that I have been satisfied with for several years now. Heavy and a bit stiff, but they don't kink much. I've used all-rubber hoses in the past and I like them very much. They do kink easily, just the kinks don't become permanent creases like they do with cheap hoses.

The local independent hardware store here in Olympia carries red rubber hoses that we use at work. They're very nice too and they don't leave black on your hands. They'll probably get stolen long before they wear out.

• 19juju54
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I figure I have until July to fuss about which hose to buy :)rain, rain, rain