Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washington gardening magazines

Posted by cajungardener1 z6 eWA (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 24, 05 at 3:34

Is there a magazine devoted to Washington gardening? Sunset is ok but I mean a magazine that specializes in gardening issues and ideas in this state.
Coming from Louisiana, we had a cultural and horticultural divide too. Here its East/West and Wet/Dry. There it was North/South Wet/Wetter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washington gardening magazines

Not much; there is one;Washington Home and Gardens. You best bet for info is the Master Gardener Program. Most of the nurseries have the main text available and host the folks from time to time.

Here is a link that might be useful: WSU Master Gardeners

o

Thanks I appreciate the link. Gardening is such a passionate activity I still think a state magazine would be widely enjoyed. I actually had an opportunity to be involved with Louisiana Gardener magazine many years ago.

o

Just wanted to say hi :-) I am a Louisiana transplant too. But I am on the other side of the mountains. I would love to see such a magazine too. I get a lot of PNW gardening books at the library..most are more geared to this side of the mountains though. I have seen a magazine that might be helpful to you, but its a Canadian one out of BC. Interior BC climate is very similar to Eastern Canada. My hubby is from Vernon which is near Kelowna BC and he gets homesick when he visits Wenatchee area. The name of the magazine is GardenWise. Its published by a company which can be accessed at www.canadawide.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenwise

o

You might also try a copy of Gardens West. Although it's BC oriented the climate above/below the border is much the same thus would be equally applicable in Washington. Link noted below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardens West

o

There's also the free magazine, Northwest Garden News, that you can find at most nurseries.

o

• Posted by BBoy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 18:00

For more information about local gardening (incl. magazines)...

Here is a link that might be useful: Debra Prinzing

o

Excellent photography nice piece of work.I love to see gardening magazines really i enjoyed.Washington DC area gardeners can now talk directly to each other on the Washington Gardener online discussion list.
=========================
Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: Washington Alcohol Addiction Treatment

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 15:32

Speaking of the Master Gardener program, their magazine covers both sides of the mountains - in fact there seems to be a bit of an eastside slant, with many ads and articles originating there instead of over here. The current cover story features a garden in Yakima.

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Gardener Online

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here