Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jay9_gw

Unpleasant experience with JunglePlants UK

jay9
14 years ago

I am stunned by some exceptionally poor customer service from JunglePlants and just wanted to warn fellow enthusiasts what may happen.

I had purchased plants (gingers and Brugs) from them before with no problem. However, there appeared to be some good deals in their roots sale in April, so I bought some

Zantedeschia Pink Mist

Colocasia affinis jenningsii

Hedychium Gold Spot

at cost of £11.98

These duly arrived in June and I was shocked at the quality. The ginger root was withered and one each of the Zantedeschia and Colocasia bulbs were rotten. As I know gingers can take some time to get going I thought that with my experience I may be able to coax some life into them. I did take a photo however before I planted them. Was I given the dregs at the end of the sale?

Needless to say, nothing grew at all, all rotting with the ginger finally succumbing in September.

On 4 October I confirmed all had died and I contacted Jungle plants, sent the photo and politely requested a refund for goods that were not of merchantable quality

This email was not replied to.

I emailed once more on 11 October.

This email was not replied to.

I emailed again on 31 October.

Finally on 1 November I received a reply from Peter saying 'gardening was not an exact science', offering no apology and no refund.

I emailed back saying that I was not inexperienced with growing and I had tried to give them all a good opportunity, and may I have a refund .

To date I again have not received the courtesy of a reply.

I feel this is all rather unfortunate. I work for an internet flower company and our policy is replace or refund for any customer complaints. People are generally honest and we have found that excellent customer service brings extra custom as our good reputation is talked about. Conversely, it is all too easy to get a bad reputation and I will not be buying from Jungle Seeds or Jungle Plants again. You have been warned!!