Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robin16795

HAVE: People close to east side of cincinnati to trade with

robin16795
15 years ago

Looking for people in the southern Ohio, Northern Ky area that are interested is trading gardening stuff. (plants, cuttings or just about anything related to the garden. I have lots of fantastic plants that I can trade but my schedule is usually very full and can be a little hard to get ahold of. I have lost of ornamental grasses, hardy bamboo, hardy pond and water plants, weeping willows etc, etc, etc.

Is anyone out there is this area????

Comments (14)

• jarmander
    14 years ago

i live in northern KY Cincinnati area. i am only 5 minutes from down town. i have a growing collection of plants some of which i know the names but many i dont. Most of them are succulents/house plants but the verity grows weekly. (growing things is an addiction for me... i feel there are far worse things to be addicted to)

let me know if you are interested.

• msprettyky
    14 years ago

Northern Ky here. Have lots to trade. PLMK

• mariemont_gal
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I am new to the area and tackling my shade garden. I have spider plants, African violets, and English ivy to trade.
    Also, I have veggies growing: beefsteaks tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and herbs. Attempting to grow some poppies and sunflowers.

I am looking for ferns, corabells, astilbe, and hydrangeas.

Let me know if anyone wants to trade.

• rooky
    14 years ago

am new to this area and have not much to trade but could use advice .................this place is pretty flat ..........no trees............. there were some ornamenal grasses but they were all flattened by the snow ...........any advice would be greatly appreciated ..........thanks

• AJD1221
    10 years ago

I'm located in Cheviot on the west side of town. I'm interested in natives and fruits and veggies and keep my exchange lists updated.

• janmcdub
    10 years ago

We've been in Glendale (near Cincy) for about 2 years now and have just figured out the gardens in our home. We have a lot of border liriope that we need to thinned out. Does anyone want to come over and help themselves? We also have WAY too many hostas; but, it's a little too early to dig any of them up.

• sunnyiam1
    9 years ago

In Florence, ky and looking to start a grove of bamboo, can someone help?

• masbrock
    9 years ago

i live in Loveland OH and would love to trade seeds, seedlings, bulbs, shrubs, whatever....have a new house and an acre of open space and love to garden

• Rocky351
    9 years ago

I'm in NKY as well. I'm looking for just about anything interesting, as a recent disaster killed most of my plants. All I have left to offer in return are hostas, irises, and some common house plants.

• Linda Sprague
    8 years ago

I am near the Eastgate area, and have lots to trade. It would be nice to have a plant swap get together.

• Lori Hurley
    8 years ago

I am new to this forum and plant swapping. I live in Louisville and I'm trying to get some perennials together for a memorial garden. Currently I only have Stella D'Oro daylillies in large quantities that could be divided. I really love daylillies of all varieties and would be happy to acquire any daylillies that I can, but my ultimate goal for the memorial garden would be to have a moon garden, which to my understanding is a garden made up of mostly white plants and/or plants that bloom at night. I'm also interested in planning a plant swap event for the Ohio Valley area. Any suggestions, exchanges, or (plant) donations would be greatly appreciated. Happy gardening!

• Debra Bays
    8 years ago

I live on the east side of Cincinnati and would love to trade plants and seeds. I have several new flower beds to develop this Spring....

• skyblue52
    7 years ago

If anybody is growing Heirloom tomatoes. There is a group called CHOPTAG on tomatoeville. It is Cincinnatti heirloom open pollinated tomatoes associates growers. We meet 2 times a year. Once to trade plants. Another to taste and rate tomatoes It fun.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm