Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdionelli

have: huntington, wv plant swap

gdionelli
18 years ago

Enslow Park Presbyterian Church in Huntington, WV (on the Ohio/Kentucky border) is hosting a plant swap & sale on Saturday, May 20th at 9:00 AM. You may bring up to five plants for exchange, but feel free to bring more: the "leftovers" will be sold for donations to Branches Domestic Violence Shelter. The morning's activities will also include a giant yard sale, a Scottish Tea, bake sale, and children's games. Please feel free to email me for directions or more information.

Comments (6)

• lady_6
    18 years ago

Please send me the directions, hope I can get off work. What size pots are best to bring? I have never done this so please advice[how to act LOL], how to do the plants. Thanks

• lady_6
    18 years ago

I upgraded my member page, emails should go though now.

• gdionelli
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm going to try through your member page -- my return email to you didn't work.

• lady_6
    18 years ago

I don't know what is wrong with my email, did you try the email add. I sent? If it kickes it back again let me know and I will have my dh look at my emails, maybe he can fix what I have broken. Let me know pot size, and if seedlings, and plant suckers are ok. I have plenty of them. I can get a map with directions off the web if it comes to that. Hope dh can fix my mail.

• gdionelli
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, yes, I emailed you both from your original email and again through Garden Web. Didn't check back here till today. Pot size for the swap is totally up to you; seedlings or suckers fine. Some folks used cottage cheese cartons, or the bottom half of milk/orange juice cartons (just be sure to punch holes for drainage.) Last year we had all different sizes & types of plants, and almost every plant got either swapped or sold.

From I64 take exit 11 (Hal Greer Blvd.), go north (left, across a divided highway, if you're coming from Kentucky) to the 2nd light (Baskin-Robbins & BP station). Take a left. This is Washington Blvd, but it becomes Enslow Blvd. In just a couple of blocks you'll see the church on the right -- it's the only church anywhere around. You can park on the street or in the lot just beyond the church. The swap starts at 9:00 promptly -- you'll get a ticket for the number of plants you brought (up to 5 -- but you can bring more to donate to a worthy cause!) -- and everyone examines the plants for about 20 minutes. Then we choose our plants for the swap, after which you can buy the leftovers for a donation to Branches Domestic Violence Shelter. If it rains we'll be indoors.

Hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to email me again. I also posted some info on the Get-Togethers forum.

• lady_6
    17 years ago

Thanks so much for the information. I just upgraded my member page again. I went to another forum, came back to my member page and the old email address was gone and my new one in its place. Maybe I did it right this time. Thanks I will try to be there with my girls and plants.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21