Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

wanted: 2008 louisville, ky plant swap-prearranged trades/shares

Hi all,

I am so pumped about the upcoming swap, once the date is decided. Please see Here for the date being decided yet.

My Plant Have and Plant Wish lists need some updating, as I see what things have maybe been lost. I would like to start thinking about prearranging some swaps, or getting some things together that are specifically of interest to members who are hoping to get to attend. Some native things have a small window of time when they can be found and dug, so if anyone is interested in any of them I hope you speak up b4 it is too late due to them going into dormancy (and out of site!)

Between now and the swap, I hope to be moving some things, and would like to pot up things that folks are interested in. I do not want to then have to disturb them later to dig into them. Peonies for example. I don't have them listed on my trade page as having them (because of not wanting to disturb them) but if anyone has them listed on their Plant want list I will contact them about trading/sharing. So...let the action begin!

Get those lists posted!

Please post here anything you are interested in. We can then work out more details via emails. Others can feel free to post their Haves and Wishes here or can start their own threads arranging for swaps.

I will be updating my Member Trade page, and/or post here what I happen to be moving at the moment. Keep an eye out!

Sue...all excited!

Here is a link that might be useful: My list that needs much updating...just ask though if anything is of interest to you

Comments (31)

• dreamspirit
    15 years ago

Marcia, if you have some, I would love some of the loofah gourd (I think that is what it is) that you had in the fall.

If I think of anything else, I will post later.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Note...for our hostess Marciagaye---trilliums and cutleaf toothwort

Original Author
    15 years ago

Note to self...flowerchildky (Linda by the airport)-shasta daisies, autumn fire sedum, and some daffs...need not be named...and check her lists.

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

cute Sue
    what an easy way to keep track of your 'dealings' :))

I will be bringing some seeds to share- does anyone want/need to know about winter sowing? I can type a little 'instruction guide' if anyone is interested.

by the way, the surprise lilies I got from you last year are up and green! they are so pretty! I have a peach iris from you too (I think) and it should bloom for me this year *fingers crossed*

so glad the sun is shining here in "the Derby City" today
    Linda

• nana8
    15 years ago

I will be bringing some Arum Italicum, and some snowdrop clumps, does anyone need empty large plug trays. I received these in the Spring with plugs of perennials that I planted for resale. I would like to trade for anything that grows well in the shade., ferns, hosta, or whatever, surprise me.
    I will also bring some resurection lillies, and seeds from a very dark morning glory. I think it is named Carmen.
    Marge

Original Author
    15 years ago

nana8/Marge,

I emailed you about a possible trade. I am interested in a couple Arums and a few snowdrops.

oh...oh...and a few MG Carmen too...how pretty!

Please see my list of haves, as I have some shady things available for digging/potting up now, that may disappear later.

Sue...chemocurl

• jules127
    15 years ago

I am pretty new to this website!! I am from Louisville. I would like to go to the exchange. What if you don't have anything to exchange?? I DO have tropicals. I am not sure what this entails....Can someone give me some pointers?? I don't know how to access threads etc either!! Thanks

• dreamspirit
    15 years ago

Linda,
    I would love to have the instructions for winter sowing. I'm still very new to all of this.

~~Marla Jo

Original Author
    15 years ago

Jules127,

Welcome!

Here is a link to June 7th-2008 Louisville Plant Swap-Save the Date!
    and the
    2008 Louisville, KY plant swap thread.

The last thread link has numerous ideas of what one can maybe bring to share, and the importance of getting some lists posted on your member Trade page...even if it is only for things you are interested in.

Sue...making note to check Broodyjens's Want List, as I have several of the 'wants' she has listed there.

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

WOW! sounds like we will have a good group at the swap!
    It's so much fun!

Nana8- I can bring some hosta- I hope to have garden balsam babies to pot up -they do well in shade, and they reseed-do you have full shade? Daylilies and iris can take some partial shade- I'll try some Carmen seeds too :)

jules127- don't worry about having lots to trade- I will be bringing more than what I need to take home-do come along and meet everyone- what kind of tropicals do you have? what do you want/need? sun/shade?
    the garden web is easy to surf- click on member names or 'my page' to see want lists, etc.

dreamspirit-Marla Jo there is a winter sowing forum here on GW- the FAQ is very helpful- I will bring some of my 'notes' too- it's a great way to grow plants! I will be bringing some seeds that winter sow well to share-
    in the FAQ you will see a list of seeds that you can sow that do not need cold stratification first- check it out and email me if you would like-

Linda by the airport

Original Author
    15 years ago

Note to self here

Big ole prearranged trade with Kilngod/Tina...who has up a big ole Have and Want list.

Note to self...Big ole prearranged trade with ngraham/Nancy...who also has a big ole Have and want list.

These 2 alone will make it well worth my gas expense to come...besides all the fun of seeing/meeting everyone, and getting to also trade or just share with others....and where am I going to go with all that I receive in trade???...Yikes!

I need to start digging and potting for all of the above now, if I plan to have everything ready by JUNE!
    If anyone is wanting any of my natives (listed at the very bottom of my trade list) please speak up soon, as later may be too late...having gone dormant and outta site for the year.

Woohoo!

Get those Member trade pages filled out! hear? even if it is just listing your wants at this time

Sue...Head ringleader and enablerwho hopes she does not sound like a broken record...lol

• michele1958
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. I just joined and I'm glad to be here! I live in St Matthews and have / want mostly shade plants. I'm not looking for anything right now; but, would love to drop in on your plant exchange-if you'll have me.

Michele

Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Michele1958,

Welcome to Garden Web and the Ohio Valley Forum. We'd love to have you...yes, please do plan to come.

You have no email link on your member page...thus no one can email you.

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
    Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
    You will then probably be asked to login in again.
    Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders) to reach you in the future.
    While there editing, you might put your state abbreviation in the one box provided for the zone and location. It will likely come in handy for others to know at some time in the future if you might like to do any trading on the boards.

See and click the link above to go to the save the date and post there. Marciagaye who has posted in the thread is our hostess and can provide directions. The other link above also has info about the swap.

Hope you can make it!

I'm hoping to get some things together long b4 the actual swap date...maybe you need some trilliums (shade plant-native...if so, let me know.

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

Michele1958...yes...come join us. In fact the swap is not far from you. It is at my house in Douglass Hills....just down Shelbyville Rd. Send me an e-mail so I can give you directions and a phone number.

• michele1958
    15 years ago

I've been trying to update "My Page" and for some reason nothing will save. Here is my email address: michele1958@insightbb.com

Original Author
    15 years ago

Note...Michele1958 now has an email link...but no lists up yet.

Note to self... Michele1958 is bringing me a pretty, large leafed Hosta.

• penelope
    15 years ago

I have tons and tons of TB Iris - all colors. Hybrids, but no names. They are starting to bloom, I'll take pictures. Would love to share these - most belonged to my mother. I also should be able to dig Lilac sprouts. Light purple, old-fashioned kind. Mother plant is over 6' tall. I transplanted one several years ago. Mine just bloomed for the first time and is only about 4' tall.

Please check my trade lists
    Penny

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

Hi Penny,
    so glad you are coming to the swap! I checked your lists, and I don't have any of your wants- sorry....

I will be bringing lots more plants than I need to take home- I hope there will be some 'new to you' things you might want- I find we have a lot of that going on at the swap! *grin*

I suggest you bring some iris - and the lilac bush- There
    will be someone who needs them:))
    I took up iris and peony 2 yrs ago, and just put them down in plastic grocery bags -they did fine, and that way you don't have to have so many containers and extra soil.
    *just an idea from me*

I have gone "crazy" for daylilies! If you want to take up some of those, I sure they will be a hit at the swap!

see you soon,
    Linda by the airport

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I am still looking over things, but so far I have....
    Nance....Virginia Bluebells
    Tina....False Soloman's Seal, Toad Lily, Sedums, 2 different Anemone, and astible...once they bloom and I see what is what color.
    Sue....Thalia Bulbs

I think I have mentioned everything....Have I forgotten someone or something????

Original Author
    15 years ago

Note to self

Nana8 is bringing me Arums and snowdrops.
    I'm taking her trilliums

Sue

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Marciagaye, please email me directions, times etc.
    Am interested in lilacs, snow drops too.
    Thanks Edie

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

Edie....sent you an e-mail.

• gotdirt
    15 years ago

Marcia-
    I emailed through your web page and I would love directions too. My email is AAB13@aol.com I am new at this, and would love to bring a friend. I have hostas, ferns, and purple iris to share. PLEASE email me back with directions!
    Thanks

Original Author
    15 years ago

Sheesh...I have been trying all day to get together tons of prearranged trades, and I think it has stormed and rained 4 or 5 different times. I hope Thurs and Fri are dryer...

Anyone need Daffodils-Mrs R. O Backhouse-the original pink daffodil?
    I have some put aside for
    Tina/kilngod
    Linda, by the airport and
    ngraham...I think Nancy wanted some
    I still have 2 packs of 6 each which will make a nice bouquet when planted together.

Potted up a Sweet Annie...anyone want it?

Anyone want me to put their name on a pack? Also, I can dig more if there is interest in them.

Potted up a Sweet Annie...anyone want it?
    Peppermint?
    Spearmint?
    Lemon Balm?
    Oregano?

Well, the rain has quit again, and the temp has dropped to 77...which feels great...off to dig more goodies.

Check my list and let me know your interests, if you haven't already...

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I got this from Penny and she said I could paste it over here.
    Hi all,

I am driving three hours to join the fun on Saturday. I would like to have some pre-arranged swaps set up. I have very few plants dug just for the fun of it!! But, I have several things that I can dig to order on Thursday evening (some just 1-2 trades) First come-first served.

Butterfly Bush - lavender, rooted (1)
    Artesmisias - Limelight, Silver Queen
    Arum italicum
    Coreopsis - pink, dainty
    Digitalis lutea (Straw foxglove)
    Hosta - green w/ gold edge, solid green
    Iris - Siberian
    Linaria - yellow perennial snap, 6-12"
    May Apple
    Mints: English, Mountain, Curly
    Obedient plant - unkown color
    Oxalis crassipes
    silver mint
    wooly tansy -CUTE!!
    Spiderwort - purple
    Yarrows -

See you Saturday,
    Penny
    GW-Penelope

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/penelope

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Chemocurl
    Would love the pink daffies, sweet annie and oregano.
    Nana8--any snowdrops for Me???

Peonies love em.
    Let me know:) Edie

Original Author
    15 years ago

Huntermom/Edie,

I will put your name on those 3 things. I also have a nice pink butterfly bush sucker that is even branched out nicely. I will pot it up for you.

I would be interested in a small start of dark purple bee balm, if you have it.

Ok...anyone else for Mrs R. O Backhousee (pink) daffodils
    Peppermint?
    Spearmint?
    Lemon Balm?
    Oregano?
    Limelight (variegated) artemesia?
    Purple Beauty Berry Bush seedlings...little but healthy and cute.

Sue

Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok...Spirea Prunifolia-Double bridal veil ...rooted sucker anyone? If so, I will dig and reserve for you....otherwise I may not dig any...due to time restraints...sigh

It is the big white spring blooming bush {{gwi:148701}} Hope that link works. A word of caution...don't put it in the middle of a flower bed. In time it will be the whole flower bed.

How about some early dwarf purple irises, (Michael Paul)also shown in the bed in the pic above.

LMK...Sue

• jennyfoo
    15 years ago

I would LOVE some pink daffs! Spirea Prunifolia-Double bridal veil I'll take that if you have time to dig it up!

Original Author
    15 years ago

Jenny,
    Yes...I will gladly have those for you.

Anyone else for the things mentioned above?
    For anything from my trade page?

Sue

• jennyfoo
    15 years ago

Thank you Sue!
    I have a friend that can't come but is sending along a few coral cannas and some hostas. She is wanting to trade for hibiscus if anyone is interested. Thanks! Jennifer

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company